for when things go wrong…
MaxwellEdison works with individuals and organisations to bring clarity and understanding to the many aspects of modern clinical and research ethics.
- Parties in dispute over treatment options.
- Victims of adverse outcome and iatrogenic (treatment-related) injuries who feel excluded or overpowered by formal process and responses.
- Second victims who feel shamed or abandoned by their colleagues.
- Organisations investigating complex or sensitive serious adverse events; identifying and sharing lessons learned, so it may not happen again.
- Departments and organisations wanting to improve their ethical standards through education; the law and ethics of consent to treatment is a particularly important and challenging topic at the moment.
- Organisations wanting to establish their own ethics committee.
- Broadcasters and journalists wanting commentary or clarification of complicated medico-legal and ethical concepts.